Sunday, April 03, 2005

The weekend so far

NOTE: I tried to post this yesterday through e-mail and it dind't work. But I was too lazy to go through and change it to refelct it is actually going up today, Sunday and not yesterday, Saturday, so keep that in mind while reading.

Well I got home about 2:00 yesterday afternoon and unloaded the computer so I could e-mail my ratings for a RWA contest I was judging. Talk about down to the wire! The results were do yesterday and that was when I turned them in. LOL I was home for all of two hours before I headed up to the Northern end of Dallas for the annual Dreaming in Dallas book signing. I met up with my book group at 5 for dinner and then we drove over to the hotel where the signing was. I had taken a TON of books (two tote bags full) to get signed and got all but 5 signed. I probably could have gotten those last 5 too, but it was already a half hour past the end time for the signing and I didn't want to make the author stay any longer then necessary. So I got a BUNCH of Sherrilyn Kenyon/Kinley MacGregor books signed, all of Catherine Spangler's books, all but one of Sandy Blair's since I don't have the one, and both of Gena Showalter's books. After the signing my book group met up for dessert at the hotel restaurant and there we stayed till we were thrown out. This is a common occurrence for our group. We stay and talk and talk till the place closes. I got home about 11:15.

When I got home I woke Dusty up, who had fallen asleep on the couch, since of course he was at work while I was home yesterday afternoon.Today, he had to work so was up about 7. I woke up briefly then but was tired so fell back to sleep till about 10. I took it easy this morning and went through some e-mail and stuff before heading to the library to pick up a couple audio books. I stopped at the plant shop on my way home to get some flowers to plant in my big pots on the patio. I bought three hibiscus plants, only to find only two fit in the pot together. So the third is in it's own pot still. They are really pretty, a golden orange color and I can't wait till they are in full bloom. I have three pots to fill and can fit three more on my balcony. I bought some Stargazer lily bulbs for one of the pots I'll be buying. I got some pretty deep purple dahlias for one pot and some orange and red canna lilies for another pot. I still need to buy three more pots and figure out what to put in the last two. But I got everything planted and now my porch is pretty again. I still haven't even unpacked though, which I need to do this weekend sometime.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be really nice out so I'm hitting the pool for the first time this year. Yay!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home