Sunday, November 04, 2007

computer update

Circuit City FINALLY came through for me last night. I took my computer back to have them see why the USB ports didn't work when they did before I took it down   AND they reinstalled the drivers. This guy was super helpful. I think because he could tell when I talked to him on Friday I was at my wit's end and ready to start crying again.
 
I took it down yesterday morning around 10 and he called me about 6 to say it was ready. He said he had a heck of a time figuring out what was wrong and spent a good bit of time on the phone with Dell to ensure he did everything correctly. (BTW, as it turns out the guy who worked on it the first time two weeks ago is no longer there. Not sure if he quit or was fired but I got the impression he was fired or he quit because he knew he was going to be fired.)
 
Anyhow, long story short, the guy yesterday discovered I have one bad USB port and that's why the computer kept freezing. Every time I tried to use that port it messed everything up. But the other port works fine. So he said as long as I remember not to use the bad port, I should be fine and it'll get through a little longer without having to buy a new one. So I put a piece of tape over the bad port so I don't accidentally plug something in to it. He even told me to bring some of my USB port peripheral stuff to test and see if they worked before he gave me back my computer.
 
They worked! So now I'm in the process of reinstalling everything AGAIN and had to set up my Outlook all over again. But I was able to plug in my external hard drive and access all my files so YAY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home