Thursday, August 10, 2006

Delicious dinner I made a few weeks ago

Yes another overdue post. LOL

I decided several months ago to TRY and get more interested in cooking (sorry hasn’t happened yet.) I bought three different Rachel Ray cookbooks, since a couple of them sounded right up my alley (like the Express Lane cookbook where no meal is supposed to take more than 30 minutes to make). Well I was flipping through the Express Lane cookbook and came across this one photo that looked delicious! So I had to try it.



It was called Bloody Mary burgers with garlic roasted broccoli. The burgers had all the spices in them you find in a Bloody Mary (hence the name) and had a mayonnaise/crushed fresh tomatoes topping. The broccoli was fresh instead of my usual frozen and was marinated in chopped garlic/oil/something else. I forget what the something else was. LOL

Granted it took me more than 30 minutes to cook since my kitchen counter is about 6 inches square. LOL it was fabulous though! The burgers were HUGE though and next time I make it I’m using half the amount of meat it calls for. And they weren’t as spicy as I expected it to be, so I think I’ll pep it up some next time. The broccoli was delish too! This was a dinner I didn’t mind eating for several days in a row. J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home