Sunday, December 17, 2006

my first ever book dedication. *sniff*

I was quite surprised to see this today. I ordered a whole bunch of Harlequin Romance books a couple weeks ago (all the January releases I wanted) and it arrived the other day. I opened it up then to make sure everything was there but didn't do much else with it. Today I had to pull one of them out to check something (it's a book I reviewed and I needed one piece of info I didn't have yet.)
 
Well this particular book is a double ending... it's and ending to a fantastic line from Silhouette which if you ask all it's readers and authors, should NOT have ended and it's the final book in a mini-series I've been reading religiously since it started. I even went so far as to beg review copies off of the authors so I could read them that much sooner. (All of the authors graciously sent them to me.)
 
Since I knew this was the line's conclusion and the mini-series conclusion, I opened it up to see if there was a publisher's or author's note about these two endings. As I was flipping through, I came to the dedication page. This particular line and mini-series was centered around strong and empowered women. So after the author went through the usual thanks to people who helped her with the book, she went on to thank several of those strong women who supported her through it. Never in a million years would I have expected to see THIS, but there's my name, listed along with several others! Talk about being surprised!
 
I've known many authors and friends who have always appreciated our friendship and support and just the knowing is pretty special. but to see that appreciation put out there for the whole world to see... wow!

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Literary Feline said...

That is so neat, Kelley! What an honor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home