Saturday, June 09, 2007

Got my new passport yesterday...

Finally! I was really starting to get worried. I know they Passport office is extremely backed up with the new requirements but I was getting very very nervous.
 
I leave June 30 for Spain with my good friend L and I can't wait! Now that I have my new passport in my hot little hands, it's feeling even more real that this trip is coming up. What an adventure it will be! I've been to Europe before (twice actually) but I was always with my Dad who is an international traveling pro as many years as he did it before retiring. This is the first time I'm going completely on my own. (Well not completely since L will be there but you know what I mean.)
 
I'm so excited but so nervous too. My biggest worry is we won't be able to communicate easily since my Spanish is from my high school days and I've forgotten most of it. I can read it OK. Well I can usually figure out the gist of what been written if not totally know what it says but speaking is another thing entirely. And as we get closer to the date we leave I'll get even more excited... and even more nervous.
 
I'm going to be SOOOO broke after this trip even with all the money we're saving on the hotels. (Between the two of us we have enough hotel points that we only have to pay for one of our eight nights in a hotel.) But I knew if I didn't take advantage of the chance to go, I'd forever be kicking myself. So I decided to go far it and I'll worry about the rest of it when I get back.
 


No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go
with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.

2 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Karina said...

OH yay Kel!!! I remember when we talked about your passport weeks ago, I can't believe you ONLY just got it. I'm so glad you finally did get it. You are going to have so much fun on this trip!!! I can't wait to hear all about it.

And you are absolutely right, that regardless of finances, you couldn't pass up this chance. You will not regret it.

Don't worry about the language thing, most people in Europe speak enough English that you'll be fine...you'll be surprised!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Thanks girl. I'm so excited abotu this trip I can't stand it! LOL We are going to have such an incredible time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home