Tuesday, November 29, 2005

well this must be the week

for old friends to get back in touch.

Yesterday I got a short note from an old high school friend. Haven't heard hide nor hair from him in almost 15 years, though I know some of his family so I always ask how he was doing when I see them. I know he's married and has a kid or two now, but that's about all I know. Mom bumped into him several months ago and talked to him briefly, giving him my mailing address so he could write me. Well I got a letter from him yesterday, really short and basically just saying sorry we lost touch over the years (he's in the Navy so moves a lot) and he wanted to know if I really did want to get back in touch. I guess a couple other friends of his he tried talking to again, didn't answer e-mail or letters. I wrote back saying definitely let's catch up. We were pretty good friends in high school and he's one of the few I lost touch with that I'd like to talk to now and see how they're doing.

Then today I got an e-mail from someone I used to work with who I was friends with. We only hear from each other every once in a great while and it's been months. Turns out he's in San Antonio and expects to be passing through Dallas this weekend and wanted to see if I was going to be around and wanted to get together before he headed back home. And it just happened to work out since I'm around all week and weekend so we may be able to catch up. We haven't actually seen each other probably in close to three years so that was a surprise too.


I guess that means I better do a little house cleaning huh? LOL

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

And it gets better! Yet another old friend who I've not talked to in probably six months easily, e-mailed and called me yesterday to see how things were going. And to top it all off, there was something in my horoscope predicting that old friends would be back in touch. Go figure...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home