Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My weekend

I had a pretty nice weekend. Friday was my normal Friday off so I spent the day doing all those necessities like laundry, grocery shopping, etc. Saturday I went to the Dallas Home and Garden Show with L. She had fun shopping, I was good and all I bought was a WAY overpriced mocha latte and a lollipop. Then after we got back I forget what all I did, probably more laundry and I watched a couple DVDs and played on the 'puter. Sunday was a really fun day. I actually
managed to drag my butt out of bed for church in the morning. I've been really bad about getting up and going. for a couple months. After church let out I went straight to L's house.

We drove down to Fair Park for the North Texas Irish Festival. It was worth the drive and the ticket to get in just for the music! Several stages set up and all of them had performers going, playing all sorts of great Irish music. There was some Irish Step dancing going on too. Dogs everywhere since it was outdoors and pet friendly and they had numerous animal rescue booths set up for different programs and dog types. There were lots of craft booths set up too and even though it was the IRISH Festival, the Scots were out in full force too. They had booths set up for a bunch of different clans in the area, which made me decide I need to call Mom and ask what clan we fall under. Not a lot of Scots blood in us (I think it was my 2-or-3-greats grandma who was Scottish). ***Update here: Talked to Mom last night and she told me we are Clan Thomson and it was my 2-greats-grandma that was the full-blooded Scots woman.***

L and I did some more shopping. L bought me a green "Irish girl" t-shirt since I was an idiot and forgot to wear green that day. LOL I bought myself a really nice t-shirt with a Josephine Wall  design on the front and  I just LOVE her fantasy art and the shirt was gorgeous! We both came home with numerous strings of Mardi Gras beads of shamrocks and stuff. And we decided we're both wearing all our beads for my birthday party in a couple weeks. (My birthday is the day before St. Pat's)

We bumped into my friend C down there too, with his boyfriend in tow. It was the first time I met F though I've heard quite a bit about him. Seems like a really nice guy and C is crazy about him.

We left there amazed we never heard about this festival before and decided we need to make it a tradition to go every year.

After that we headed over to the Science Museum for the Body Worlds exhibit. But we got there and found out we
needed to buy our tickets in advance since it was so popular. We'd have had to wait two hours to get in and we had already done the whole festival though we coulda gone back to listen to music or something. L had wanted to get home early since she was supposed to put in an 18 hour day at work the next day. So we went home. But we're shooting
for Body Worlds this Sunday if we can go early since I have to drive down to Ft. Hood in the evening to be there for work at 7:30 Monday morning and it's a 3.5 hour drive for me and I ALWAYS get lost when I go down there. (Bit of trivia - Ft. Hood is the LARGEST Army base in the country. Someone told me in the world too but I'm not sure that was
right.)

And that was my weekend.


Need Mail bonding?
Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from Yahoo! Answers users.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

I love Irish festivals!

With your birthday right next to St. Patrick's Day, your mother could have named you Patricia. :^)

Happy Birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home