Friday, June 17, 2005

The latest on Body for Life

Well I'm almost two full weeks in to it so far. I like to think I'm doing fairly well.

I've been good about my exercising, only missing one day out of the 12 in so far. And I've noticed some changes already. For example, after almost two weeks, I'm finding my abdominal exercises to be easier (as in can pull my body up farther during crunches then I could even a week ago. So I'm hoping that means I'll start to lose some of my stomach! LOL I've upped the weight used on my leg exercises already. Next week I'm going to try upping my weights on my arm exercises. I did regress slightly there though since my triceps are not very strong I discovered. I had to go down from 10 lb dumbbells to 8 lb ones for those exercises, but haven't had to change anything else weight wise due to difficulties.

I'm not doing wonderful on the food, mainly because I refuse to plan my meals ahead of time. So I'm not quite meeting the total number of servings of proteins, carbs, etc each day. But at least I am trying to eat healthier. I am still allowing myself those treats now and then when I want them though. LOL I'm also not quite making the eat 5 or 6 times a day either. I always forget about my mid-morning snack when I'm working and I often forget my afternoon snack too. LOL But I'm trying and I do try to eat healthy for those, as in a piece of fruit or some yogurt or a slim fast bar, that sort of thing. I'm doing horribly on my water intake. I'm supposed to drink 12 a day and I'm averaging 6-8.

I need to go get me a cloth measuring tape though so I can take my measurements and see how I'm doing. I've only lost maybe 1-2 lbs so far, but that's better then nothing. My goal is to lose 25-30 by the end of the 12 week period.

I was so proud of myself one day this week though. I had had a horrible day at work and running around chasing after people and things and was just mentally exhausted by the time I got home from all my running around at about 4;30 or so. I crashed for half an our or so to take a nap, then got up and fixed dinner. By 8:00 I was ready for bed but I knew I HAD to get my exercising in since I couldn't at lunch time like I usually do. So as worn out as I was, I trucked myself down to the apartment complex fitness center and put in my 30 min cardio workout due that day. It was the last thing I wanted to do but I did it and was so proud of myself for not saying "heck with it" like I SO wanted to.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Penelope Marzec said...

Congratulations on sticking with it. My exercise is walking--plain and simple.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking it out. Even on the days I have no desire to exercise I am making myself go and do it. I am bummed though that when I weighed myself Monday AM for the first time since I started this program a little over two weeks ago, that I've actualy GAINED 1.5 lbs. I've been eating healthier, if not exactly what I'm supposed to, so I upset I gained weight. I'm hoping it was muscle weight gained. LOL

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I looked my name up on google search and I found your blog. I think it's so neat that our names are spelled the same. Most Kelleys aren't spelled that way.
Sorry if I annoyed you with this comment, but I was bored.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

I always think it's neat to find other people who spell their name the same way I do. it isn't a very common spelling and I know I'm always correcting people on it. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home