Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Body for Life for Women

I decided I needed to do something to get myself back in shape and lose some weight since I've gained a good 15-20 lbs since I moved here 2 years ago. And as horrible as everything has been going for me since about December, I needed something to feel good about again. I've had a horrible year so far, lots of problems and dilemmas and stressed to the max and feeling depressed about some things. I had been thinking about doing some sort of work out program but never actually started one. I kept coming up with excuses NOT to do it.

A few weeks ago, one of my internet friends mentioned she was starting the Body for Life for Women program on June 1. (This is similar to Bill Phillips' popular Body for Life, but revamped by a woman to fit women's needs and requirements.) She had started a yahoo group and was looking for people willing to work it with her. I thought, what the heck? I've been wanting to do something and this gave me the excuse I needed to start something. So I told her I'd join up.

I went online and bought the book, bought myself a few of the workout items I need, a Pilates training kit and video, though most of my exercising I'll do in the apartment complex fitness center or the fitness center at work. Then I went and bought the journal in the book store for logging everything for the program. It's a 12-week program that runs Monday to Sunday. So I suggested we start instead this past Monday, June 6, rather then mid week. Plus several of the people doing it hadn't gotten their books yet or had the books but had not finished reading them. So everyone agreed and we started Monday. I'm doing halfway decent on the food but some things I just won't give up yet. LOL

Exercising I'm dong better. Granted, it's only been two days but I'm committed to sticking it out. Monday I did cardio, Tuesday was upper body. I actually reversed the two from the way they are set up in the journal, so today I'm doing lower body instead of cardio. That will get me on the journal's schedule which will make it easier for me to keep track. I'm actually still hurting from yesterday. I misread some of the details and ended up doing way more then I was supposed to. By the end of my workout I was so sore I could barely change back in to my regular clothes. LOL Today I ache but tomorrow I'll probably be worse, after doing lower body exercises today.

I have a woman I sort of work with that I had told I was doing this program and she said she'd be my workout buddy. So we meet at lunchtime everyday at the gym and workout during lunch break. So I guess we'll keep doing that, at least when we are both here. Debbie said she's going to come with us on the days she's here. So between the three of us, most of the time we should have two people together working out. I know I need someone to do it with me, even if we are doing different exercises and barely talking. At least there is someone else there to talk to when I feel like I'm wanting to quit.

I just hope I can keep it up this time. Every other time in the past I've tried to start exercising, I never stick it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home