Tuesday, February 07, 2006

so what constitutes "cocktail attire?"

Can anyone tell me? Would that include a really pretty black sleeveless dress with an sort of knee length assymmetrical hem and beads and sequins all over it be considered "cocktail?"

I haven't a clue! I've never done anything requiring that kind of dressing before.

My church singles group is doing a valentines dinner on saturday and I was told we were to wear "cocktail attire." I don't have the foggiest notion what that is.

If someone can help I'd appreciate it. I really want to wear this one dress if it isn't too dressy. I bought it several years ago and have never had a chance to wear it. I just hope it still fits! LOL

Kelley

5 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Shelleen said...

the dress that you described sounds like a cocktail dress to me. Have fun!!

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cocktail dress to me. I'm sure you'll look great! Hugz,D

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

well I'm glad that everyone who has responded here or elsewhere seems to think that suits. I've been wanting a good excuse to wear this dress since I bought it! I knew I had nothing for it at the time but it was so inexpensive AND on sale so I couldn't resist. LOL

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

To me that is a perfect cocktail dress. Dressy but not floor length is how I perceive them.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Well I'm glad everyone thinks this dress will work then. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home