Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas Day

Tommy had not been able to make it to Mass with us on Christmas Eve, but he was here when we got home, and spent the night. Mom got us all up around 9:30 and we went downstairs to open presents. Everyone got great stuff and Christmas morning went well. After presents, we had our usual Christmas breakfast of sausage and eggs and toast, with everyone eating together. Everyone schedules are so hectic, we don't get to do the whole family meal often but we always do Christmas morning.

Amy Dave and Joey got here about 12:45 and it was presents again as we all opened what they brought us and they opened the gifts from us. Joey had a ball of course, and this was the first year he really understood what was going on. He'd get so excited about every gift and move right on to the next one. After that, as always it was eating ALL day long - cookies, candy, crackers, snack mix, nuts, etc. Whatever was out actually. LOL

We ate dinner about 4:30 - Ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes with gravy, squash, corn, pickles, olives, apple sauce, and I'm sure I'm missing something. Amy and Dave had brought a bottle of wine so all the adults had that as well and Mom, Amy and I drank hot chai with dinner. We never did make it to dessert. LOL Everyone was full and we decided, like always, to wait until later for dessert.

We got all the dishes cleaned up and put away and after that Amy Dave and Joey headed to Dave's Aunt Donna's for Christmas with his family. Susan went to a friend's house, Tommy went home, and Mom Dad and I headed to the Bonczeks' house for their annual "Open House." We were there a few hours, talking, the men were beer drinking and the rest of us drinking whatever was around, if anything. We left there about 10:00 to head home and I promptly called Dusty to see how his Christmas was. He had called me while we were on our way to the Bonczeks but my signal was bad so I said I'd call when I got home.

And about midnight I rolled into bed, after taking it easy a bit after getting off the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home