Friday, December 31, 2004

Wednesday 12/29

We went up to Brookville to see grandma and Paul for the day. It was Dad, Mom and me and we also took Joey and Tommy with us. We went to pick up Joey at 10:30 and he and Amy were still asleep. Amy never heard her alarm and Joey I think was just exhausted after a hectic week. After Amy got Joey ready to go we headed off to get Tommy then went on to Grandma's. In the car we watched some of Joey's movies to keep him occupied for the 2 hour drive. We watched "Shrek and Donkey" - Shrek 2 AGAIN (Joey LOVES that movie), part of the Power Rangers movie and then watched some Spiderman cartoons. We arrived at their house about 1:15 or so.

Grandma had TONS of food for us, I guess wanting to have a little of everyone's favorites. She made stuffed green peppers (my favorite) so I could have some, kielbasa and sauerkraut (the traditional "Good luck for the New Year" meal a little early), ham, beets, cucumbers and onions in vinegar, pickles and olives (See a trend here? Those are big favorites in our family. LOL), Waldorf salad, and I can't remember what else. We were all stuffed after eating!

Paul was having a good day (he's starting to decline in health being in his mid 80s now) being very alert and like he's always been. Grandma is doing good too though her knees are still giving her a lot of trouble. Joey loves their dogs (two shelties), Skye and Imp and wanted to play with them all day long. We watched some "Tarkoon Network" as Joey calls it and some Nick Jr and I kept falling asleep all day. I was super tired not having slept at all the night before (I didn't fall asleep till 5:30 Wed AM). We left there about 6 and headed home, first dropping off Tommy, then Joey. I slept the entire drive home. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home