Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Chronicles of Narnia movie

I just realized I never posted about this. it was the other movie I was super excited about this holiday season (Harry Potter being #1 on the list). The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe came out this past Friday, with first showings at 12:01 AM many places. NO I didn't go to that one! LOL I was off on Friday since it was my regular Friday off and I had planned to go to a matinee showing to save me a few bucks. *g*

But when I was at Bingo Thursday night (yes we have a regular bingo night at my apartment complex and this was my first time going. I cleaned house too, winning four games AND one of the grand prizes) I was talking to my friend and neighbor Casey, and we started talking about the movie. He's been dying for this one to come out too. He really wanted to go Friday night but hadn't found someone to go with yet, so I told him I'd wait for him to get off work and we could go together. So we did. He called me when he got done working and we picked the movie time and he picked me up a little bit later to go.

The movie was fabulous! There was a lot of CGI used for the animals and some of the characters, but it looked like regular film in some parts too. The wolves were all CG for up close, but the scenes of the pack running through the forest definitely looked real. Aslan was all computer animated the whole time though.

It was really well done, I thought, but then I haven't read the book since I was little so I didn't remember a whole lot about it. Casey had reread the book in the couple weeks before it came out though in preparation.

I cried a few times, especially at the one part that I know anyone who read the books knows exactly what I'm talking about, but I'm not saying anything specific to ruin anything for anyone who doesn't remember the books much, never read them, and/or hasn't seen the movie yet. I may go see it again once it is at the dollar theater.

Kelley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home