Saturday, March 11, 2006

It's that time of year again...

for flowers!!!

Well here in TX anyhow. We've hit the 70s-80s now pretty steadily for the past few weeks so I decided it's time for my annual ATTEMPT to grow flowers. LOL I emphasize attempt because I've not had much luck the past couple years. If I don't have luck this year either I may just have to give up trying. Last year it got too hot and they all cooked, even watering every day. The year before that, there was too much rain and they all got flooded out. Third time's the charm I'm hoping.

So I headed out to the nursery today and bought lots of flowers for my big pots on the balcony. I got some hibiscus since I just LOVE those and up north it was useless to even try to grow them. This year I opted for some golden colored ones and some bright coral-red ones. I had some last year but they didn't do well. See above why. <sigh> I also got some petunias, in shades or purple,some I don't know what they are as they weren't marked, but they look like mini dahlias. The person at the nursery told me they are from the daisy family. Those were pink and white. I also got a c couple other kinds of daisies that grow tall, for the center of the pots of shorter plants. These are a pale, almost white purple, and a deeper purple. Then they had miniature roses I was assured would grow nicely in planters, though he said they wont bloom as nice again without lots of care. Those are pale peach and yellow. I wanted white since white roses are my absolute favorite flower in the world but they didn't have any. I may have to look somewhere else, just to have one. For borders in those pots I bought some alyssum.

Sounds like a lot but I have 6 huge planters and these should fill them all up nicely. Here's to hoping my green thumb finally manifests itself! LOL

Kelley
Read my blog
Coming soon! CK2S Kwips and Kritiques
Reviewer/Editor Love Romances
Reviewer The Best Reviews
Columnist Fresh Fiction

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

I sure hope so! I'm definely going to try out that aspirin trick you told me about and I'll let you know how it goes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home