Monday, March 06, 2006

Wish me luck this week...

I'm taking my CHMM (Certified Hazardous Materials Manager) Overview class all week and my exam on Friday. I've been wanting to do this for a few years and just never got off my lazy butt and did anything about it. This year I finally did. It covers a TON of information, some things I've never worked with in my 8 years in environmental and some I've not dealt with in about three years. So I am REALLY hoping this class helps refresh my memory and fill in the blanks in my experience/knowledge.

What's funny is, the ENTIRE environmental office I work with is in Orlando for the annual "world wide" Army Reserve Environmental Conference. So while some of them are probably skipping at least half of the conference this week, I'll be busting my ass in Mesquite, TX for this exam. It was my choice though so I can't complain about missing out on the week of easy does it at the conference. Granted, I wish they had not scheduled it for the same week as my class, but I didn't find out when the conference was until literally the very next day after I paid my registration and signed up for the CHMM. So I am in class all day long, and then I even have homework at night, as well as some independent study things to do. I feel like I'm squeezing an entire semester's worth of a class into four days. But it will be worth it when I get my certification! I'm thinking positively!

So if it won't be too much trouble, please send lots of good luck my way and a few prayers if you are willing. I will greatly appreciate all of it. And I will be sure to post here in six weeks when I find out my grade! Yes we have to wait AT LEAST that long to find out if we passed.

Kelley

Read my blog
Coming soon! CK2S Kwips and Kritiques

Reviewer/Editor Love Romances

Reviewer The Best Reviews

Columnist Fresh Fiction

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

many good luck wishes sent your way this week, Kelley. Hope everything goes well for you during your exam. :)

Dawn

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Thanks Dawn!

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Angela's Designs said...

Tomrrow is the day then... best of luck.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Yes it is and I should feel good about it but I don't. LOL We covered SO much info this week I hope my brain can process it all for tomorrow. Thanks for the good luck wishes and I'll be posting in here when I know how I did for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home